Tuesday, 17 July 2012

{PBJFlorida} FW: Support our Sister Ana in Peru!


 Friends,

I reach out to you on behalf of Ana Dela Rosa who I met a few years ago and have mentored over the years. Ana was one of the first CFJwJ interns with a huge heart and passion for creating social change. She focused on issues of  worker rights, racial profiling, farm worker youth and women's health.  Over 2 years ago, Ana graduated from UCF and applied to be apart of a Peace Corp program in Peru. I remember writing one of her recommendation in tears because I knew she was the ideal candidate for such a program but would be missed here in Central Florida.

Well I'm so excited so say Ana is coming home soon!

 But not before raising funding for the project she started in rural Peru. The project is called the Healthy Classroom Project and Ana needs to raise close to $2,000. Ana is working at the only special education school in a community in northern Peru are planning the implementation of a multisensory classroom.  Ana is almost there in raising the money with only $568 to raise.

To find out more about the program and to donate whatever you can, go to:
 https://donate.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=donate.contribute.projDetail&projdesc=527-123

Please see the attached letter from Ana herself about the program. It has bought me overwhelming joy and tears again to see the wonderful work Ana has done in Northern Peru and impact she will be leaving behind.

 I reach out to you in supporting this cause by donating. I hope you join me in supporting our sister Ana and donate whatever you can financially for this project.

In Solidarity,

Denise

Again, To find out more about the program and to donate whatever you can, go to:
 https://donate.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=donate.contribute.projDetail&projdesc=527-123

" How can you move others unless you are moved yourself ? "


--

 


No comments:

Post a Comment