Sunday 2 September 2012

Re: {PBJFlorida} Digest for pbjflorida@googlegroups.com - 3 Messages in 1 Topic

Me too Louise. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 2, 2012, at 8:31 AM, Louise Sheehy <lfsheehy@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

This discussion is terrific, but it leaves me feeling inadequate and unfocussed.

 

From: pbjflorida@googlegroups.com [mailto:pbjflorida@googlegroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2012 4:16 AM
To: Digest Recipients
Subject: {PBJFlorida} Digest for pbjflorida@googlegroups.com - 3 Messages in 1 Topic

 

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/pbjflorida/topics

§  Summer of Peace [3 Updates]

Michael Rodriguez <fireryphoenix@hotmail.com> Sep 01 12:48PM -0400  

Jim,
 
Thanks always for the kind words!
 
When I say "sacrifice" I don't mean it from the vantage point of scarcity but from abundance. We who have optimism, comfort, education, food, jobs, etc. should "sacrifice" (or "share" if you prefer) our time, energy, and talents with the less fortunate.
 
It is putting that "vision" you often mention, into "practice." That vision is what I call faith. And practice in the Christian tradition is called works or praxis. As the scriptures state, "faith without works is dead."

It may be an "old" paradigm, but in my studies and meditations, nothing, neither peace nor justice, neither cures nor discoveries, neither abundance nor safety, have come without true sacrifice. And that simply means to be "present," not where we want to be, but where we are needed.
 
Miguel
 
Sent from my iPhone
 

 

Penny Villegas <pennyvillegas31@gmail.com> Sep 01 12:54PM -0400  

Thank you Miguel. I call it service and yes it springs from abundance and
the many blessings of my life. Service is in fact a blessing in my life. I
am pleased to be working more with IDignity.
 
I also get inspired by my many friends, you two among them, who do good in
the world.
 
I have not forgotten the reading circle but FOCUS (voter registration with
Dave) and family have me busy for the next couple weeks.
 
Pace e bene, Penny
On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Michael Rodriguez <
 
--
 
*Penny*

 

Michael Rodriguez <fireryphoenix@hotmail.com> Sep 01 01:09PM -0400  

Thank you Penny. I like the word "service" too! I am also inspired by your work (service) at IDignity and FOCUS, and dedication to family as well.
 
Miguel
 
Sent from my iPhone
 

 

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group pbjflorida.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PBJFlorida" group.
To post to this group, send email to pbjflorida@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to pbjflorida+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/pbjflorida?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PBJFlorida" group.
To post to this group, send email to pbjflorida@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to pbjflorida+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/pbjflorida?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment