Wednesday 1 January 2014

Re: {PBJFlorida} Digest for pbjflorida@googlegroups.com - 3 Messages in 1 Topic

AA Imam Sykes, somehow if there were ever an Imam to play Grateful Dead, I somehow envision it would be you :)) !
Thank you for your kind words and yes, I am seeking spiritual and quiet growth during this time. I am enrolled in IOU's diploma
program, and am in my graduate program for gemnology. I just recontacted UF about grad school for Global Strategic Comm.
Allah (swt) knows best and only what is on the other side, but there is always a better side where we head. So thrilled
you have done so very well and know the doctors are scratching their heads :).

Hugs
Sr. Amira


On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 2:00 AM, <pbjflorida@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/pbjflorida/topics

    minnesota rabit <minnesotarabit@gmail.com> Dec 31 03:52PM -0500  

    To All my pbj family -
     
    Just wanted to say thank you for all the duas, prayers, chants, et al for
    my Mom. Brought her home Christmas Eve after 2 1/2 mo in rehab from the
    strokes. We are doing ok, it is hard for her as she is nearly completely
    wheelchair bound. So glad I am home and we are able for me to be home to
    take care of her!
     
    At this end of the Gregorian year, I just wanted all the "peace" and
    "rabble" makers in our family, i.e., all of us, to take a few moments to
    stop and remember what we are thankful for...what we envision...what we are
    incensed by...and what we pray for the strength to do about it in the
    coming year. This group is unique, and certainly one I am so very proud to
    count among my friends and family.
     
    May Allah (swt) send baracka (blessings) to each and every one of you and
    those who stand behind, and beside, you. New Year Mubaruk!
     
    Sr. Amira
     
     

     

    Abdurrahman Sykes <imamsykes@gmail.com> Dec 31 05:37PM -0500  

    Assalaamualaikum dear sister Amira:
    I pray you have an exceedingly abundant year spiritually,
    physically,mentally and financially. I did not know about your mother's
    stroke. I know from personal experience what it is like to be wheelchair
    bound; may God grant her the recovery He has granted me. I went to a
    neurologist recently who has been practicing 33 years. He told me, "I
    don't know what you have done to recover, but I don't have another patient
    like you. All praise is due to Allah. I am still doing hyperberic oxygen
    treatments and will complete the maximum recommended number of oxygen
    treatments in March. Thanks to you, I play the keyboard and my son
    accompanies me on his guitar. It has been great bonding and is the first
    time in my 55 years I ever branched out to play other than sacred music.
    .Imagine an imam playing Jerry Garcia tunes from the Grateful Dead. It is
    nice to receive you email and hope to see you soon. Come to see us
    sometimes.
    Love for His sake,
    Imam Abdurrahman Sykes
     
     
     
    On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 3:52 PM, minnesota rabit

     

    Michael Rodriguez <fireryphoenix@hotmail.com> Dec 31 11:24PM -0500  

    I wish Sr. Amira, Imam Sykes, and all on this PBJFLORIDA distribution and your families a most blessed New Year 2014!
     
    In Solidarity and Peace!
    Miguel
     
    Sent from my iPhone
     

     

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PBJFlorida" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pbjflorida+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to pbjflorida@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/pbjflorida.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PBJFlorida" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pbjflorida+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to pbjflorida@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/pbjflorida.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment