Sunday 26 August 2012

Re: {PBJFlorida} Digest for pbjflorida@googlegroups.com - 4 Messages in 3 Topics

LOL! Thank you Sr. Amira!

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 26, 2012, at 4:17 PM, "Marilyn J. Amira Taylor" <pippinwithjob28@earthlink.net> wrote:

AA pbjers -

Miguel, thank you for your foresight on the message board going up. I am on the distribution list for the Seminole Co. Emergency Services for both HD and the Muslim community, so I will forward any info I get from them that is pertinent.

Also, Marty - Wow! I agree with Br. Miguel, you hit the nail on the head. Having been a college staffer for years, I can not tell you how many graduates I saw with less than fourth grade skills in writing. I can not tell you how many graduate school admission letters I wrote for students who absolutely could not write one, let alone taught them to balance their check books.

I apologize that I did not get to attend the Interfaith this weekend, I am getting more involved in refugee issues. If any of you want a great read, find a copy of Fauziya Kassindja with Layli Miller Bashir Do They Hear You When You Cry? It is the test case that brought gender based violence to the forefront on political asylum/refugee cases in the late 90's. It will make you absolutely sick about how the U.S.. treats people seeking asylum, past sick.

Everyone be safe, take care of your neighbors, and I hear Miguel is selling shares of gopher wood if you are interested.

Sr. Amira
-----Original Message-----
From: pbjflorida@googlegroups.com
Sent: Aug 26, 2012 3:45 AM
To: Digest Recipients
Subject: {PBJFlorida} Digest for pbjflorida@googlegroups.com - 4 Messages in 3 Topics

Group: http://groups.google..com/group/pbjflorida/topics

No comments:

Post a Comment