Wednesday 21 November 2012

{PBJFlorida} Noor Inayat Khan, GC - some positive news about Muslims

Early this year I became involved in the story of Noor Inayat Khan, GC, and met with Shrabani Basu, author of Spy Princess: The Life of Noor Inayat Khan (2007), when I was in London in March.  I have also been corresponding with Noor’s family.  My interest stems from the fact that Noor's mother was an American, who was born in Albuquerque, Mexico, and I have been trying to obtain some form of American recognition for Noor.

A London memorial to Noor was unveiled on November 8, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2230082/Noor-Inayat-Khan-Statue-unveiled-commemorate-Britains-Muslim-war-heroine.html.  As far as I’m aware, it is the only memorial to a Muslim woman in the Great Britain.

Marty

Report this post

Edit post

Reply with quote

 

No comments:

Post a Comment